Our church has gone through three stages:
FOUNDATION (1930s to 1942)
Some years before the Spanish Civil War (1936-1939), a small group of Evangelical Christians still met in 6-8 Blasco de Garay Street, mezzanine, in the neighbourhood of Pueblo Seco in Barcelona. But during the War the local was seized and those of the Pro-Franco side took everything inside.
FORMATION AND GROWTH (1942-1951)
After the War, a family of those who attended Blasco de Garay went to live on 20 Eliseo Street, in the neighbourhood of Hostafrancs. These brothers decided to open their home to other believers for worship services, since the Dictatorship had imposed the national-Catholicism and closed many Evangelical churches throughout Spain. Meetings in the houses were also forbidden, but were done clandestinely, without being able to sing praises and with the fear of being arrested. They were hard times, but of great spirituality.
In 1951 the church moved, without leaving the neighbourhood, to the current location on 30 Párroco Triadó Street (now Rector Triadó Street). It was a store that had to be renovated and, years later, expanded.
In January 1957 our church was the chosen place to celebrate the meeting of pastors who founded the Federation of Independent Evangelical Churches of Spain (FIEIDE, in Spanish). Nine churches were part of this entity in the beginning.
On March 30, 2008, our church received the distinctive “Protective Church of Biblical Union” from the then General Secretary, Pedro Puigvert.